Sunday, September 18, 2016
Monday, September 5, 2016
Friday, August 26, 2016
For those who follow me on Instagram would have noticed that I’ve got my nails done recently! This time, I went for acrylic gel with ocean-themed design in preparation for my upcoming trip to Redang. It will be my first visit to the island in East Coast (damn jakun lololol) and I heard that our islands are way more beautiful than the usual touristy islands we visit in Thailand. Super excited already!
Gotta show you the final outcome before anything else. Absolutely love the dual tone gel colour and the intricate waves design that my manicurist put in so much effort to draw on my nails meticulously. And those adorable seashells, starfish and tiny pearls! *heart-eyed*
My manicure and pedicure pampering session was done at E Nailspa located at Desa Sri Hartamas. It didn’t take me long to find the nail salon as it is located at one of the shop buildings right behind Souled Out. Parking was not an issue as there is a basement parking at the building itself. Alternatively you may park at the outdoor parking space outside Souled Out. As for me, I was lucky to have spotted a car vacating a perfect spot right outside the building! Teehee.
Situated on the first floor of the shop building, E Nailspa is safe from the hustle bustle of the restaurant and bar businesses within the vicinity. The salon is cosy, properly furnished with English-themed wallpaper and furniture which make you feel instantly at ease.
Super adorable bunny cushion!
It is also fully equipped with quality products and hygienic tools expected from a professional nail salon. I was impressed as unlike some nail salon, E Nailspa is well-ventilated and is free from nail polish stench.
Plenty of sample nail arts for you to get your inspiration. Meanwhile, owner Emanda Chong gave me some suggestions for my nail art and colours. I was tempted to go for the black and white flower design but nah, I had to stick to my ocean-themed nail art! Next time perhaps.
There were altogether 5 armchairs at the nail salon! Must have been quite an investment as it was super comfy and makes one feel like a Queen. LOL. I have never felt so comfortable resting on an armchair at a nail salon. No wonder they call it a pamper session. Just the chair itself is a good form of pampering.
My manicurist who graduated from the O.P.I. Academy. Thanks for attending to my special requests. And thumbs up to her exemplary skills for making my nails so perfect! Everything was carefully done without any missing edge.
Don’t worry about the stick-on items falling out one by one as it was done by acrylic gel. Or to explain in layman term, first the manicurist would stick them one by one with glue, then apply a few coating of transparent acrylic gel onto your nails and dry them with UV light. The acrylic gel would be thick and strong enough to hold the stickers to make sure they don’t fall. Should be able to last for a month if you take good care of it.
Next up was 3-step Spa Pedicure. After some good scrubbing, my feet immediately felt so much cleaner and smoother. Foot mask was applied thoroughly and generously, after which my feet were wrapped for the next 15 minutes before the mask was rinsed off.
I had some dilemma when it came to choosing the design for my toe nails. Initially I wanted white base with stars and pearls stickers, the same as my fingernails. But Emanda did not think that it was a good idea as the stickers would not last on my toe nails since I wear covered shoes to work daily. Instead, she recommended me the latest magnetic coating which will be the upcoming trend. I have seen this effect on their Instagram which is rather new and interesting, so why not! The magnetic coating comes in either silver or gold. It works best with darker base so I opted for dark blue with golden magnetic coat.
I was intrigued by how it works. After applying the normal gel colour, my pedicurist applied a layer of that special coating onto the entire toe nails. After that, she would use a magnetic tool to make the coating gather at the centre of the nails. Couldn’t take my eyes off the whole time, never had such canggih pedicure session before! LOL.
The end result was stunning. The special magnetic coating gives you a marbling illusion from various angles.
Price list for the above: Gel Manicure RM90 + Nail Art RM120, Gel Pedicure RM110 + 3D Magnetic Art RM10, 3-Step Spa RM90.
Of course, if you want to drop by for a quick fix on your nails, they do provide the most basic express manicure for only RM25. Pricing differs depending on what you choose! :)
Referral program for E Nailspa customers: refer a friend and get 5% off your next visit!
Call up and make your appointment before you visit to avoid disappointment as E Nailspa may be fully booked especially during the weekend. We all deserve a good pampering session and beautiful nails ^^
Address: 30-1, Jalan 30/70A,
Desa Sri Hartamas,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
(behind Souled Out)
Tel: 03 - 6143 2288
Tues – Sat 11am – 8pm;
Sun 11am – 6pm
(closed on Monday)
Sunday, August 7, 2016
Pokemon Go is finally released in Malaysia! The long-anticipated game has caused much excitement over the weekend to fellow Malaysians. Like many other Pokemon Masters, I installed the game and went outdoor for some actions as soon as I found it available on App Store. As for those who have no clue yet, I have listed down 10 basic guides for beginners:
1. You can get Pikachu as your starter Pokemon. When you first joined the game, you will see 3 Pokemon: Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander by your side. However, did you know that there is actually a 4th Pokemon, Pikachu? Just walk away from these 3 until they disappeared, reappeared repeatedly, and at the 4th time they reappeared, you will see Pikachu shows up. Capture Pikachu as your first starter Pokemon, not just ecause its cute, but its rare and almost impossible to be found unless it is hatched from Pokemon Egg.
2. Stop by every PokeStop you come across to collect PokeBalls, Pokemon Eggs and other items. PokeStops are those with blue icons which will change shape when you are close by. Tap it, spin it, and you will see items falling out. Once the icon turns purple, the items will automatically fall into your bags (don't need to tap on them one by one).
3. Switch off the camera function (AR at top right corner) for easier catch and throw your PokeBalls towards the Pokemon when its ring appears smaller. This would increase your chance of capturing it. There are different colours of ring, each with different level of difficulties by increasing order: green, yellow, orange, red. Some suggest spinning the PokeBall before throwing it out, but if you aren’t that skillful yet, this may cause you to lose control of the angle and end up missing an easy target.
4. Transfer duplicate Pokemon to Professor in exchange for 1 candy. But first you need to arrange your Pokemon by A-Z order. This would give you a clearer view of your catch. The candies are essential for your Pokemon to evolve later on.
5. Place the Pokemon Eggs you have collected into the incubator to hatch. There are 2km, 5km and 10km eggs. Driving does not work as the speed limit is capped at 20kmh. So get your lazy ass out there and walk! Who knows you might be able to hatch a rare Pikachu?
6. At Level 5, you are to pick your team: Instinct (yellow), Mystic (blue) or Valor (red) before you are granted access to gyms for fights and trainings. According to many articles online, Mystic is the most popular team followed by Valor and Instinct. Most of the fights at the gyms overseas involved between Mystic and Valor whereas Instinct is just minding its own business most of the time. Based on my observation in Malaysia, I have come across gyms dominated by Team Instinct though. Choose your team wisely as there is no switching later on. In case you are wondering, I am from #TeamValor ^^
7. Don’t hesitate to catch all Pidgeys, Caterpies, Rattatas and Weedles which could be found anywhere. You will need them for mass evolution later on (read point No. 9). Just catch as many as possible, transfer some to accumulate enough candies, and leave some to evolve when time is right.
8. Never evolve your Pokemon at the early stages or you will end up wasting your candies. When you are at a low level, the Pokemon you catch are all with lower CP compared to those caught after you leveled up. If you evolve a Pokemon with low CP, chances are you will catch another same Pokemon with a higher CP and the evolved one will end up in Professor’s possession.
9. Make the full use of Lucky Egg given after Level 9 to level up fast. You have 30 minutes to use that Lucky Egg. First, make sure you have enough Pokemon and candies to evolve. Then, you need to find a PokeStop. Place a Lure Module at the PokeStop as well as Incense around you. Both Lure Module and Incense will attract Pokemon around you (can be used at the same time cause both would attract different Pokemon). Evolve as many Pokemon as you can during this crucial 30 minutes as each evolution grants you 1000XP (500 XP only without Lucky Egg). During the 30 minutes, I managed to evolve over 20 Pokemons and jumped up from Level 11 – Level 14! In between that, catch all the Pokemons that are attracted by the Lure Module and Incense. Lucky egg doubles up the XP gained for catching them too.
10. Pokemons are more likely to show up around PokeStops and places where Pokemon Master gather. Despite the idea that wild Pokemon should be found at secluded forests or lakes, most of the Pokemon can be found at popular areas such as KLCC. In fact, KLCC park is like a wild life sanctuary with numerous Pokestop! Chances are you will run out of PokeBalls so make sure you keep walking and spinning those PokeStops. During my visit there, I noticed that fellow Pokemon Masters have used the Lure Module function on some of the PokeStops which as its name suggests, would attract Pokemon and benefit the public. It was no surprise we noticed there was a mass hunting outdoor throughout the entire afternoon like never before.
Let’s catch them all! XD